11 February 2020
Cheshire West and Chester Council teams have been busy clearing up after Storm Ciara to help keep people safe and the borough road network moving.
Teams across Highways and StreetCare received more than one hundred Storm Ciara related calls and enquiries over Saturday and Sunday working through challenging conditions.
The teams have cut up and removed more than 33 trees and dealt with 20 incidents of localised flooding throughout the borough, mostly during Sunday.
Councillor Karen Shore, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Environment, Highways and Strategic Transport, said: "Many Council teams have been worked around the clock throughout the weekend to keep residents safe and the county's road network moving.
"Storm Ciara made a big impact on west Cheshire and it is a testament to our teams' hard work that they have removed so many fallen trees and obstructions in such a short space of time.
"I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them for all their hard work in incredibly difficult conditions."
If you spot an incident in your neighbourhood please report it using the Council's website.
A list of incidents across the borough included:
- Tree - A54, near Station Road (Rilshaw Lane Bridge)
- Tree - Clive Lane/Clive Green Lane junction, Winsford
- Tree - Fluin Lane/Langdale Way, Frodsham
- Tree - Pennys Lane by Cheshire Grill
- Tree - Ash Road (off A49), Cuddington
- Tree - Weaverham Road - outside Gorstage Hall
- Tree - Cogshall Lane (outside Manor Farm), Little Leigh
- Tree - A49 Warrington Road in vicinity of the Holly Bush Inn
- Tree - Manley Road, Frodsham
- Tree - A559, south of Antrobus
- Flooding - Griffiths Road (bridge), Northwich
- Flooding - Manchester Road/Griffiths Road junction
- Flooding - Foxdale, Dalefords Lane (near Spanns Garage)
- Flooding - 120 Chester Road, Greenbank
- Flooding - 201 London Road (Art College junction)
- Fallen tree - A49 Nantwich Road junction of Eaton Lane (Four Lane Ends)
- Billboard partially blown down on Hoole Lane, Chester opposite number 29
- Fallen tree - Sibbersfield Road, Farndon
- Higher Wych Road, Malpas SY14 7JP
- Fallen tree - Chester High Road Neston. CH64 3RY
- Fallen tree - A51 Tarvin Road, CH3 5EE
- Fallen tree - Capenhurst Lane, CH65 7AH
- Fallen tree - Chester High Road Ch64 7TS junction with Dunstan Lane
- Fallen tree - Capenhurst Lane, near Capenhurst primary school
- Fallen tree - A540 betweeen Crabwall Manor and the Wheatsheaf Inn
- Fallen tree - Parkgate Road d, Chester CH14EF
- Fallen tree - Chester High Road, near Gordale Garden Centre
- Fallen tree - Welsh Road Doddleston CH4 9LF
- Fallen tree - Wicker Lane, Guilden Sutton
- Hinderton Road, Neston CH64 9PZ
- Fallen tree - Chester Road, Great Sutton junction of Kendal Drive
- Flooding - Moorfield Drive, Parkgate
- Fallen tree - Vicarage Road, Chester CH2 3JA
- Flooding - Admiral Bank, Hamilton House SY14 8JF
- Flooding - A540 Chester High Road
- Fallen tree - Sandy Lane, Chester CH3 5UX
- Water surging from manhole - Barnacre Drive, Parkgate, Neston
- Flooding - The Lodge, Ashbury Road CH1 6QD
- Fallen tree - Hinderton Road O/S Witchwood
- Fallen tree - Smithy Lane Willaston CH64 2UA
- Flooding - The Parade, Parkgate
- Flooding - Brookside, Station Road, Backford CH1 6NT
- Roundabout sign blown down - A41 Hampton Heath Roundabout SY14 8JH
- Shutters hanging off windows causing hazard - 25 Nicholas Street, Chester
- Flooding - Carlton Close, Parkgate
- Fallen tree - Crossley Crescent, Hoole
- Fire service on site pumping water from rear gardens Carlton Close, Parkgate - sandbags provided by Ringway
- Flooding - Frog Lane, Tattenhall
- Fallen tree - A49 between Bickley Green and Tarporley
- Fallen tree - Gordon Lane, Backford
- Fallen tree - Frog Lane, Tattenhall
- Fallen tree - Morley Lane, Dunham on-the-hill near junction of Barrow Lane near pumping station
- Flooding - Heath Lane, Willaston
- Flooding - A534 between Broxton roundabout and Carden Park
- Flooding - Raby Park Road / Neston High School - flooding
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to email@example.com
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.