Sycamore Drive, Whitby - Theft from Motor Vehicle
THIEVES ARE OPERATING IN YOUR AREA
During the weekend period of 6.30pm on Saturday 16th and 12 noon on Sunday 17th November 2019 entry was gained, by unknown means into a red Vauxhall Corsa which had been parked at the roadside in Sycamore Drive, Whitby.
A tool box, containing various tools and crowbar were taken from vehicle.
If you live in this area and have any CCTV or dash Cam footage, please can you check it for anything of relevance around this time and get back to us. - This can be done by calling 101 or via https://cheshire.police.uk/contact/general-enquiries
Please quote IML 567222 in any response.
Many thefts are committed by opportunists. By taking simple measures to protect your property you can prevent becoming a victim of crime.
· Car Alarms – Although they cannot physically prevent the theft of or from your vehicle they are a powerful deterrent. Some alarms can also come with an alerting system if they are activated.
· Steering locks / gearstick & handbrake locks – Although not impenetrable it increases the time taken to steal a car. They can also be a visual deterrent so criminals may move on to find an easier target.
· Secure Parking - If your home has a driveway, or better still a garage, then use it. Cars parked off the road are far less likely to be stolen than those parked on the road. If not try to park in a well-lit are
· Hide valuables – DON’T leave items on display. Ensure any items of value are removed from the vehicle or hidden out of site.
· LOCK YOUR CAR – Always check windows / doors / sunroofs are secure before leaving your vehicle, even if you are doing so for a very short while.