Wilmslow West and Chorley police newsletter
December 2018/January 2019
December is traditionally a busy time of the year for both mince pie eaters and the police; so, due to increased footfall from shoppers, I and other officers have given extra attention to shops in the area to deter potential offenders and to provide high visibility support to any members of the public who may have required it.
Road safety continues to be a priority of the force and as such enforcement of the "Fatal Four" offences (drink/drug driving, not wearing a seatbelt, using a mobile device at the wheel and speeding) has been conducted by local and traffic patrols along the A34.
Meanwhile, progress is being made on improving the parking situation in the town - albeit at a frustratingly slow rate. Although police continue to enforce obstructions as and when they are present and resources are available, the reality is that there has been a lack of off-road parking and appropriate parking restrictions for many years, which requires progression by Cheshire East Council - specifically by providing increased parking provision and implementing necessary parking restrictions. With support from police and the community, Cheshire East Council continue to work towards a solution and updates can be found at wilmslow.co.uk.
This month's crime prevention tips focus on how you can protect your home from burglars:
Finally, may I take this opportunity to wish you an enjoyable and, of course, a safe 2019.
- Keep you doors locked even while you're inside
- Ensure valuable items (including car keys) are secured and stored out of view
- When you leave home during darkness, use a light time-switch to give the impression there is someone inside
- Make sure exterior lights are working - burglars don't like having their activities highlighted
- Set your house alarm even if you're only out for a short time
- Don't leave any items outside the house which could be used to break in, such as tools, ladders or rocks
- Report suspicious activity to police, providing as much detail as possible. There may be a legitimate reason for the activity, but at the very least this information helps up to build up a picture of what has been happening in your area and could relate to other reports we may have received
- For more advice visit www.cheshire.police.uk/advice-and-support/home-safety-and-security
|How to contact the police:
Telephone 101 for non-emergencies or 999 in an emergency
||Police surgery dates (at Wilmslow Police Station):
- 10th January 2pm – 3pm
- 17th January 10am – 11am
- 24th January 2pm – 3pm
- 31st January 10am – 11am
If you have difficulties viewing this on email, please try viewing it on the Cheshire Alert website.