13 November 2020
Grant payments of £520,396 have already been received by 319 local businesses since the ‘Cheshire West COVID-19 Financial Support for Businesses’ grant was launched on 10 November. Over 1,397 businesses have applied for the new grant and eligible businesses are encouraged to apply now.
Grants are focussed on those businesses that cannot open or operate as normal during the national lockdown, and whose normal business model is therefore significantly affected by the lockdown regulations. To apply for the new grant visit the Council's website.
Details about the grant, who is eligible, how to apply and frequently asked questions can be watched on a webinar on the Council's YouTube channel.
The Council has produced a single application form for businesses which will establish if support is available from one of the four Government grants:
Businesses in hospitality, leisure and accommodation along with non-essential retail, personal care, sports facilities and mobile businesses could be eligible.
- Grants available for rateable businesses forced to close during the national lockdown;
- Grants available to businesses affected by the national lockdown that are forced to close and are not eligible under the national lockdown scheme above;
- Grants available for business affected by Tier 2 (High Alert) restrictions;
- Grants available for businesses mandated to close since March;
Councillor Carol Gahan, Cabinet Member for Legal and Finance said: “We have started making payments to businesses straight away. As expected, we have a high volume of applications and will review each one as quickly as we can. If a decision can be made easily then we hope to let businesses know within five working days. However, there will be some applications that take longer but we still hope to process these within ten working days.”
Before completing the online application form please have the following details available:
- Business name
- Business address
- Business Rate account number
- Company registration number (if applicable)
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- Business bank details (please be very careful entering the correct details)
- Businesses without a rateable value that cannot open or operate as normal during the national lockdown, and whose normal business model is therefore significantly affected will need to provide details of income and a business bank statement from 1 September 2020
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.